How much does a divorce cost in California without a lawyer? How much does a divorce cost in California without a lawyer? The basic cost of filing divorce forms in California is $435, but you may have to pay additional court filing fees for a more complicated case, or if your county charges additional fees. Getting divorced with It’s Over Easy starts from as low as $9 per month.
How do I file for divorce in CA myself?
- 1) Fill Out the Forms.
- 2) Have Your Forms Reviewed.
- 3) File the Forms With the Court Clerk.
- 4) Serve Your Spouse.
- 5) Your Spouse Has Options.
- 6) Serve Your Financial Disclosure Forms.
- 7) Finalize Your Divorce.
Can you divorce in CA without a lawyer? You don’t need to hire a lawyer to get an uncontested divorce in California, and you can represent yourself during the process. Spouses can try to handle everything themselves or use an online service that eases the process.
How can I get a divorce without going to court in California?
Depending on your financial standing and personal goals, you could benefit from:
- A negotiated settlement,
- Mediation with a neutral mediator (with lawyers present or to consult with before or after), or.
- A collaborative divorce.