How long does an uncontested divorce take in California? For an uncontested divorce in California, it will take approximately six months from the time the person filing officially lets his or her spouse know about the divorce for it to be finalized. This entails properly filing the paperwork and serving the spouse via courthouse representative or local sheriff.
How do I file an uncontested divorce online in California?
- Fill out our simple online questionnaire.
- Divorce forms are custom generated for you.
- File the documents with your local court clerk.
- Follow the official state procedure according to the instructions to get your divorce finalized by the judge.
How long does it take to get a divorce California? From start to finish, the divorce process in the Golden State can take at least six months – even if both parties agree to the dissolution immediately. This length of time is due to California’s divorce requirements and mandatory six-month waiting period.
How can I get a divorce without going to court in California?
Depending on your financial standing and personal goals, you could benefit from:
- A negotiated settlement,
- Mediation with a neutral mediator (with lawyers present or to consult with before or after), or.
- A collaborative divorce.