How do I prepare for divorce mediation in California?
- Bring organized financial documents.
- Get your emotions under control.
- Prepare to negotiate, not argue.
- You can ask to speak privately with the mediator.
- Select a qualified attorney to advise you.
- Plan a budget.
- Learn your rights/obligations.
How does mediation work in California divorce? Divorce mediation is a way to resolve divorce or custody disputes that allows you the ability to control the outcome. In mediation, the only people making decisions are those involved in the dispute, unlike arbitration or litigation, where a judge or an arbitrator make the final decision.
How much does a divorce mediator cost in California? In most cases, divorce mediation costs between $4,000 – $8,000. Just be sure to ask if the process includes drafting agreements and filing paperwork like our Peaceful Divorce Solution.
How do I prepare for a divorce mediation?
- Prepare to communicate clearly.
- Consider your triggers and reactions.
- Time is money.
- You can ask for a private meeting with the mediator.
- Normalize the difficulty.
- Take care of yourself.
- Gather the appropriate paperwork.