Can you look up California divorce records? California makes divorce records available to the public unless a divorce court has sealed the records. Any member of the public can access the papers of most divorce cases. To be sure, the information in your divorce case could include personal details.
How can I get a copy of my divorce in California online?
- Step 1 – Determine whether the divorce record you want is available from CDPH Vital Records.
- Step 2 – Download and complete application for obtaining copies of divorce records.
- Step 3 – Determine divorce copy fee.
Are divorce records confidential in California? Unfortunately, California divorce records are generally available to the public. With certain exceptions, such as paternity test results, almost anyone can request divorce records and few confidentiality exceptions apply.
How do you find out if you are divorced?
- Most courthouses have a public records computer terminal. You can search by your name or the name of your spouse. Check them carefully and get the right file.
- Ask the court clerk’s office for help. The counter clerk can look records up for you and confirm whether a divorce has been filed.