Are California divorce records online? Divorce Records Are Available Online
The electronic docket does not include copies of the parties’ filings. Courts in California also make some court documents available online. But under California’s court rules, courts cannot post divorce filings online.
Where can I find California divorce records for free? The California Department of Public Health maintains vital records, including divorce records. These records can be accessed online or by visiting the department’s offices. The Superior Court of California also provides access to divorce records.
How can I get a copy of my divorce in California online?
- Step 1 – Determine whether the divorce record you want is available from CDPH Vital Records.
- Step 2 – Download and complete application for obtaining copies of divorce records.
- Step 3 – Determine divorce copy fee.
How do you find out if you are divorced?
- Most courthouses have a public records computer terminal. You can search by your name or the name of your spouse. Check them carefully and get the right file.
- Ask the court clerk’s office for help. The counter clerk can look records up for you and confirm whether a divorce has been filed.