What should I ask for in a divorce in California?
- Do you specialize in divorces, or are divorces just a part of your practice?
- What is your strategy for my case?
- How long to you take to return phone calls?
- Will anyone else in your office be working on my case?
- How will you charge me?
What should I ask for in a divorce?
- A detailed parenting-time schedule—including holidays!
- Specifics about support.
- Life insurance.
- Retirement accounts and how they will be divided.
- A plan for the sale of the house.
What is the average retainer fee for a divorce lawyer in California? Most attorneys require an initial retainer which on average is in the neighborhood of $3,000 to $5,000.
What questions lawyers ask for divorce?
- What Do You Need to Know from Me?
- How Can I Make This Divorce Less Expensive?
- What Can I Expect the Divorce Process to Be Like?
- What Are My Next Steps After This Meeting?
- Tell Me About Yourself.