What forms are needed to file for divorce in California?
- You will need to download and complete the Petition—Marriage (Family Law Form FL-100) and the Summons (FL-110).
- If you have children under the age of 18 with your spouse, you must also complete the Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (FL-105/GC-120).
What forms do I need to file for uncontested divorce in California? If you received these forms, your spouse or domestic partner is asking the court to legally change your marriage or domestic partnership. Usually, this means they’re asking for a divorce. They may be asking for a legal separation or annulment.
What is the first step in filing for divorce in California?
- Step 1: Make sure that you meet California’s divorce residency requirement.
- Step 2: Filing the Petition.
- Step 3: Serving Your Spouse.
- Step 4: Waiting for a Response.
- Step 5: Reaching a Deal.
- Step 6: Obtaining a Final Judgment.
How do I fill out a divorce in California?