What forms are needed to file divorce in California?
- You will need to download and complete the Petition—Marriage (Family Law Form FL-100) and the Summons (FL-110).
- If you have children under the age of 18 with your spouse, you must also complete the Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (FL-105/GC-120).
How do I obtain divorce papers in California?
- Step 1 – Determine whether the divorce record you want is available from CDPH Vital Records. Divorce.
- Step 2 – Download and complete application for obtaining copies of divorce records.
- Step 3 – Determine divorce copy fee.
- Step 4 – Mail your request to CDPH Vital Records.
What forms do I need to file for uncontested divorce in California? If you received these forms, your spouse or domestic partner is asking the court to legally change your marriage or domestic partnership. Usually, this means they’re asking for a divorce. They may be asking for a legal separation or annulment.
Can you divorce in California without going to court? Yes. In California, getting divorced without going to court is called getting an uncontested divorce. If you and your spouse agree on the terms of your split, you can put everything in writing and ask for approval from the judge.