What documents do I need to remarry after a divorce?
- Utility bill (dated within 3 months)
- Bank statement (dated within 1 month).
- Most recent council tax bill (dated within 1 year)
- Mortgage statement (dated within 1 year)
- Valid UK driving licence showing your current name and address.
How long after my divorce is final can I remarry in California? There is a minimum statutory six-month waiting period before you can remarry in the state of California. Be advised that nothing will automatically happen six months after you file for divorce.
Can I get married without divorce? No. You cannot get married without getting a divorce order from the court. It is an offence under the Indian penal code to get married while one has got a spouse living.
Can I remarry without a Decree Absolute? If you plan to remarry you certainly need to ensure that your previous marriage was legally dissolved with a Decree Absolute. If you don’t have a Decree Absolute yet and you do remarry, you will be committing a criminal offence for which you could easily end up in prison.