Is online divorce legal in California? However, in order to file for divorce online, both spouses must be in agreement about the decision to divorce and the terms of their marital settlement. These terms include community property, support, coparenting and custody, if applicable.
How do I obtain divorce papers in California?
- Step 1 – Determine whether the divorce record you want is available from CDPH Vital Records. Divorce.
- Step 2 – Download and complete application for obtaining copies of divorce records.
- Step 3 – Determine divorce copy fee.
- Step 4 – Mail your request to CDPH Vital Records.
How can I get a divorce without going to court in California?
Depending on your financial standing and personal goals, you could benefit from:
- A negotiated settlement,
- Mediation with a neutral mediator (with lawyers present or to consult with before or after), or.
- A collaborative divorce.
What forms do I need to file for uncontested divorce in California? If you received these forms, your spouse or domestic partner is asking the court to legally change your marriage or domestic partnership. Usually, this means they’re asking for a divorce. They may be asking for a legal separation or annulment.