How do I check the status of my divorce in California? The California Department of Public Health maintains vital records, including divorce records. These records can be accessed online or by visiting the department’s offices. The Superior Court of California also provides access to divorce records.
How do you find out if you are divorced?
- Most courthouses have a public records computer terminal. You can search by your name or the name of your spouse. Check them carefully and get the right file.
- Ask the court clerk’s office for help. The counter clerk can look records up for you and confirm whether a divorce has been filed.
How can I get a copy of my divorce in California online?
- Step 1 – Determine whether the divorce record you want is available from CDPH Vital Records.
- Step 2 – Download and complete application for obtaining copies of divorce records.
- Step 3 – Determine divorce copy fee.
How do I look up court cases in California?
- Go to the courthouse and ask to look at paper records.
- Go to the courthouse and look at electronic court records.
- If your court offers it, look at electronic records over the internet. This is called “remote access.”