How can I get free legal advice in California?
- Research low-cost legal aid through LawHelpCA.org.
- See legal aid groups currently funded by the State Bar.
- Find immigration legal service providers.
- Find legal help after a disaster.
Can I get a divorce for free in California? Can you get a free divorce in California, a state with a reputation for being pricey? Under the right circumstances, you can file for divorce for free and have no divorce lawyer involved. To do this, you and your spouse will have to meet the state’s requirements to file for an indigent divorce.
What can you not do during a divorce?
- Never Act Out Of Spite. You may feel the impulse to use the court system to get back at your spouse.
- Never Ignore Your Children.
- Never Use Kids As Pawns.
- Never Give In To Anger.
- Never Expect To Get Everything.
- Never Fight Every Fight.
- Never Try To Hide Money.
- Never Compare Divorces.
How can I get a quick divorce in California? How To Expedite A Divorce In California. One way to get divorced faster is to opt for a summary dissolution. To qualify, your divorce must be uncontested, you must be married for under five years, have no children together, have limited shared debts and assets, and both agree to waive spousal support.