How can I get a copy of my divorce in California?
- Step 1 – Determine whether the divorce record you want is available from CDPH Vital Records. Divorce.
- Step 2 – Download and complete application for obtaining copies of divorce records.
- Step 3 – Determine divorce copy fee.
- Step 4 – Mail your request to CDPH Vital Records.
Does California have free public records? Californians have the right under the state Public Records Act and the California Constitution to access public information maintained by local and state government agencies, including the Department of Justice.
How do you find out if you are divorced?
- Most courthouses have a public records computer terminal. You can search by your name or the name of your spouse. Check them carefully and get the right file.
- Ask the court clerk’s office for help. The counter clerk can look records up for you and confirm whether a divorce has been filed.
Where can I find California marriage records for free? Where to Find Free California Marriage Records. For members of the public, it is not possible to gain access to marriage records of any kind for free. However, one can obtain public marriage licenses or certificates with a small fee through the county clerk’s office in the county where the marriage occurred.